Thursday, March 5, 2009

FOOD!

I went to the store this morning to buy some things and left with some items that i never buy,but that I am excited to try. I have been using the same old things for weeks and realized thats what I have been missing out on. I have been so focused on getting my routine for other things that I forgot or at least did not realize how diverse the foods are that I can eat. I usually buy "the standards". You know, carrots,apples,squash,zuccinni,oranges ect... This time I left with swiss chard,golden tomatoes,oyster mushrooms,scallions,kale,bok choy,and some herbs. I am looking foward to trying these things. The possibilities are endless with eating Vegan. I think about when I would go into a fast food rest, and order. I would stand there for 5 minutes trying to decide what I wanted and the was only ten things to choose from and all horrible for me. Now I have an endless supply of healthy great tasting food to choose from and I am going to take advantage of it!. Another thing that was brought up to me recently that I am going to challenge is how much I am spending on my new lifestyle. When I made the decision to live Vegan I thought to myself that I knew I was going to have to spend a lot more money doing this but it will be worth it. Now as I have been looking at things a lot closer and watching my own pocket book, I know I am not spending the money I was spending when I was eating fast food,and I am going to prove it. On my next log in I am going to have a basic run down of what I am eating and how much it cost me. Then I will list what I would eat on a dailt basis at fast food and junk food in my house. Oh ya, another thing. Here are some pics of some of the stuff that other people that I live with bring in the same house I live in. I am living proof that a regular guy with a regular job can live Vegan. It is not just for wealthy or elite.

No comments: